[pyrnet] Newman, Valentino and so forth...

I have to ask... Was Newman named after the "Newman" character on Seinfeld?
I always think of that when I read about him and the way they would say
Newman.  heh heh

No, but you are probably the 10th person to ask me that. <grin> We actually named him Newman by default. As we were driving home with him, we were debating over what to name him. We WANTED to name him after the Luck Dragon in Neverending Story, but couldn't remember the name (Falcor), but hubby was coming up with some really duffus names, and he was leaning toward "Dino" (ugh). Then, hubby said, "Well...we could always just call him Newman after the people we got him from."  So, that's what we called him. But hubby Larry says that after we named him, the "Seinfeld Factor" occurred to him, too, and he claims it's really kind of appropriate. I never really watched Seinfeld that much, so the character doesn't really ring a bell with me, but apparently it seems to fit him in that context. (Although I understand that Newman on Seinfeld was a kind of unpleasant character? And OUR Newman certainly is NOT!)

Right now, it is midnight and New Years...and he is anxiously standing on the couch looking out the window and whining and growling at all the fireworks. He keeps looking at me like, "Mommy, what are all these strange, loud noises?"

So...from Texas Newman and family wish you all a very happy and PEACEFUL New Year!!!!