[pyrnet] "Cool dogs"

Yep, Pyrs seem to definitely prefer the cold. Understandable, I suppose, with all that hair. Down here in Texas, where it can soar to 120 degrees in the summer, Newman MUCH prefers air conditioning during the summer (loving to sleep in the bathtub or on the porcelain tile), and now that it's winter, if it's the least bit cold, he prefers it out THERE instead of in the house. As someone else commented, you don't see him panting as much (or slobbering as much) in cooler weather, either.

And speaking of the "Newman Dog" as our dog trainer calls him, he goes tomorrow for his "graduation" from his obedience class. We'll see if he passes. LOL!

I gave him a "mini-bath" tonight to try to get rid of the yellow under his chin and at the elbows and the pinkish stain under his ears. BTW, anybody got any suggestions for the best whitening shampoo to use to get rid of those stains? I swear, I'm going to make that dog wear a bib! For the most part, the rest of his body stays pearly white, but under his chin, under his ears and at his "elbows" in front, he gets stained. I'm  curious, too, as to why he ends up with pinkish stains under his ears--I clean his ears, and they don't LOOK dirty inside, but the hair directly under his ears gets stained. He had ear mites when we got him, but we doctored those away, and he's on Revolution, now, which is supposed to do the trick for heart worms, fleas, and ear mites, and as I said, the ears LOOK clean and I keep them that way...so why the pinkish stain?

As for  inadvertent "injuries", I may have mentioned that Newman almost broke my finger the last time I grabbed his collar to catch him when he didn't want to be caught. He did a gymnast's flip, throwing himself into the air, twisting and doing an about-face...taking my finger (which was caught in his collar) with him. May not have broken it, but he definitely sprained it.

Marie, is Valentino the dog whose picture is on the PyrAngel webpage, where it says he was adopted? I'm so happy for you...and definitely for HIM!