Re: [pyrnet] snow dogs

I would guess that Winnie is the one who's supposed to stay with the goats, and Pooh is the patroller. Pyrs often work in teams this way. If Winnie is not showing any signs of stiffness, I would not be overly concerned about it. 7 is considered a Veteran for Pyrs, but not necessarily old. More middle aged, IMO. Chel is 7 and acts and moves like she's 1! She's as agile as a cat! Bo, at 11, has slowed down considerably, but that's to be expected at his age. <G> He started slowing down at about 10 years old.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com