[pyrnet] Re: pyrnet-l-digest.20020118

In a message dated 1/19/2002 12:04:04 AM Eastern Standard Time, pyrnet-l-owner@pyrnet.org writes:

. It happened like that for us, and we've never been sorry. Our hearts were broken, and she healed them. Best darn Pyr I've EVER had, to boot! Bar none! Even if she did have to go too soon. B.B. taught me a great deal about life, and how to accept others for who they are, and not what I wish they might be. I'm STILL learning her lessons. And sometimes, in the wee hours of the morning, when I'm still awake (very rare) I feel her breath on my cheek, and her unconditional love surrounds me. Jan has talked about the ghosts of past dogs milling about (paraphrased as she says it so much better than I) But it does happen. First I cry, then I smile. Someday, you'll be there at that place too. Just leave your heart open.>>>
I have heard this, countless times, from other Pyr. owners~~severl years ago, I lost Daryl, my first PYR~~
Every nite, here at the house,all dogs get a "bedtime cookie"~~the senerio went , All dogs sit in their respective positions, and are given their cookie~~Daryl was always first !

The first nite, after Daryl left us, it was time for the "bedtime cookie", everyone "lined up ~~I handed Susie her cookie, and reached to hand other cookies out~~Susie rached for Her cookie,hesitated, then, stepped back, looked behind Her, refused to take the cookie,sat down and waited ! This happened for over 3 months !  Susie would not take Her cookie first, and neither would any of the others~~
Sometimes, without prior thought, I will feel something "brush by" my hand, there is also a path in my grass in the back yard that Daryl made on His way to the water dish, it has never healed, the grass will not grow back over it~~Is Daryl still walking the path to get water every day ?

PYRALIVE@AOL.COM

"We need not Think alike to Love alike"