[pyrnet]

I can't belive there's more since this morning!!!!
One's really bad so update your definitions.
There's a whole page of New viruses for today, but these one's are the
worst, at least the other's they don't have any info on yet, but the virus
upadtes will catch them.
JFYI
Sariena

============
***This one's bad!!!!!

W32.Hunch@mm <mailto:W32.Hunch@mm>

Discovered on: January 29, 2002
Last Updated on: January 30, 2002 at 12:22:31 PM PST

W32.Hunch@mm <mailto:W32.Hunch@mm> is a mass-mailing worm that modifies the
Autoexec.bat file in an attempt to format
drive C. It deletes all .ocx, .sys, and .dll files from
the C:\_RESTORE folder, and deletes other files
that have a randomly chosen extension.

Type: Worm
Infection Length: 151,552 bytes
Virus Definitions: January 30, 2002
Threat Assessment:
Wild: Low
Damage: High

============
W32.Sysnom.C@mm <mailto:W32.Sysnom.C@mm>

Discovered on: January 29, 2002
Last Updated on: January 30, 2002 at 10:15:57 AM PST
W32.Sysnom.C@mm <mailto:W32.Sysnom.C@mm> is a mass-mailing worm that copies
itself to C:\Windows
\SoftwareKey.exe.
When it is executed, it does the following:

It sends itself to all contacts in the Microsoft
Outlook address book. The email message will be one
of the following:

Subject: Good News
Message: Wanna remove the I-worms CodeRed, BadTrans,
Goner, Updater, etc? Good news for you
because we're giving you a software which removes the
latest internet worms in your pc. Included is
your free software from AVP.

or

Message:Hi! You have just won yourself a plane ticket
to Bali, Indonesia! Click the attachment to
see how to claim your price. This message is courtesy
of YouCanSeeTheWorld.com.
======
Backdoor.DSNX

Discovered on: January 30, 2002
Last Updated on: January 30, 2002 at 11:58:51 AM P

Threat assesment:
Wild:Low
Damage: High
When Backdoor.DSNX runs, it logs onto certain IRC channels to inform the
hacker of the
compromised system. This allows the hacker to remotely
manipulate your computer and perform
actions such as uploading and running files on it.
=============
W32.HLLP.Gosusub

Discovered on: January 29, 2002
Last Updated on: January 29, 2002 at 01:49:20 PM

W32.HLLP.Gosusub is a virus that infects most
executable files on all local drives and mapped
network drives. It deletes all .txt files that it
finds. This virus contains bugs that may cause it to
corrupt executable files when it infects them.

Type: Virus
Infection Length: 49,103 bytes
Virus Definitions: January 30, 2002

Threat Assessment: