[pyrnet] Weather

Well here in Kansas City we have been busy doing the slip and slide for the better part of a week.

Had a very nasty sleet, followed by snow (in pellet form), with a final topping of ice.  Total on the ground of about 3 inches.  Our poor Sasha, the petite Pyr, has been being walked at least 5 times a day.  Impossible to sniff and get messages through all that ice and to squat and do what is required is horribly difficult.  First morning out she stepped onto the front lawn and shook herself and fell and slid half way down the hill.  The look I received spoke volumes..........most of which would have been expletives that needed deleting.

At one point here there were 200,000 customers without power.  Figure at between 2 and 3 people per household that made something like half a million people.  Lack of TV, lights, refrigeration are bad enough but the lack of heat would have been horrible.  We were fortunate lights flickered once or twice and that was all.  Still are areas of outages after nearly a week....but slowly coming back.

Needless to say have spent several days here just avoiding going out.  Even more treacherous for us humans out there when we only have two feet to maintain balance instead of four.