[pyrnet] Valentino's first parade

Hello everyone. I must admit I did something very unwise yesterday. I am
going through a bout with pneumonia and pleurisy. It has been two weeks and
my cough was mostly gone. As was my shortness of breath. I was still weak
but I thought I would have no problem getting through our local Mardi Gras
parade with my new baby boy, Valentino.

Val was very unsure and a little skittish before the parade started. He is
frightened of mechanical and loud noises. And our local Shriners club have
dune buggy's that they ride in the parade. But with some gently
encouragement Valentino made it through his first parade. And I must say I
am very proud of this sweet boy. This sort of thing does not came as easily
to him as it did to my first boy Beau. Beau was a social butterfly. Almost
anyone was a potential friend unless he was on duty in his yard, house or
van.Beau always loved all the attention and the adoration of crowds of
people. We take every opportunity to socialize Valentino. But he does not
find it as easy to trust strangers and crowds. So his making it through the
parade and the walk back to our van was a big step for this gentle boy. I
felt it was important that I walk in this parade in Beau's honor and in
honor of a dear friend who did greyhound rescue. And sadly passed away from
a brain aneurysm about 8 months ago.

I did make it but was very weak and dizzy by the end of the parade. It
proved to be too much for my weakened body. My husband took charge of
Valentino on the walk back to our van. I had to stop several times as I was
finding it hard to breath. I made it home and crashed. I am now coughing
again and feel like death warmed over. But am still glad I made that walk.
Marie, Valentino and angel Beau