Re: [pyrnet] Westminster Winner's!

In a message dated 2/11/02 9:39:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, bamb@monmouth.com writes:

Anyone know who was entered at the Euk show in Pyrs? Just wondering about the competition.

The competition at Euk was excellent.  You have to know that this bitch has actually consistently won over many males for several years now.  What you describe is, IMHO, partially true.  I implied myself from your post that  the judge knew the difference (they maybe have no clue really)  i.e. that the bitch they overlooked  was better.  The problem is that many judges are lost in the wilderness (or worse) when they judge our breed.  Since they do not really know they look for a safe harbor, or what they think is one i.e. a familiar big name human face, a known winner, or a nice dog and would not have the guts to put that nice bitch up over the dog.
My point is that what you say has always been partially true because of the level of knowledge (lack thereof)  and appreciation for our breed.  There are and have been good bitches that win over males.  In fact a bitch won at the Garden just a few years ago, Bingo, who had also won the National Specialty.  Probably not enough of them I agree.  In France this is not true.  The bitches win easily and often.  We need to work on our judges more.

Joe

Joe