[pyrnet] Professional Handlers

Hello,

We have been considering, the last few months, putting a dog or two with a
handler.  We enjoy showing but honestly do not get to enough shows and are
not the most expert of handlers.  :)

I know I'm going to be picky.  The potential handler must be completely
trustworthy, they must understand that my dogs are not kennel dogs and may
become depressed in such an atmosphere if not allowed to have some time
outside and be talked to and played with.

I want someone who I can afford but knows what they are doing and is kind to
the dogs.  I have also heard horror stories of dogs' nails being "bled",
kennel help, etc. being too rough with them, etc. and dogs loosing a lot of
weight.  I've heard (in another breed) of a handler using someone's dog to
put points on another by always having that dog handled by the students,
costing the owner a LOT of money.  (Others said the dog should've finished
much faster.)

I'm sure I sound overprotective to those who've been in this longer.
However, if anyone has any suggestions as to who might be a good handler for
us, please let me know.

If there are certain handlers who seem to do better with different types,
the ones I am first considering putting out are Isaac and Kayla (Karolaska
breeding), Rollie (Karolaska/Quibbletown/Tip 'N Chip) and Cotton
(Swedish/English lines).

Thanks,
Chrissy