[pyrnet] More dangling participles

I ran into this a few years ago with My Hubby~~caught Me completley by
suprise !!

LOL! Doesn't surprise me at all.

You might need to find another place for him to stay.  If you are not going
to neuter him and the other suggestions fail, you will have to remove the dog
from the offending area.

If necessary, he may have to start spending much more time outside...which I would not be too happy with. When I have a dog, I want it to be a member of the family, not something outside that gets petted when you happen to wander out there.

Our concern mostly on this list is for the dogs welfare, so most of us are not going to be too concerned about the human part of it except how it may play out on the dog itself.

Well, gee...why didn't =I= think of that? <duh...picture rhonda whacking her forehead with her hand> How stupid of me.

And I also believe that we need to be supportive of those who come to us for
advice. The trouble with email, is that very often one it trying to say
something, but it gets taken in a completely opposite way, by the person
reading it on the other end. That is why we need to be tactful, to a fault.
If someone leaves the list due to hurt feelings, then both the dog and the
owner are losers.

I agree, but I'm beginning to get a little tired of being treated like a two year old who needs to be stood in the corner. I asked for practical advice on something that I felt boxed in on, and instead of help, I get sarcasm.  It wasn't appreciated, but I've tried to meet all comments with good humor despite how ticked I ALREADY am at my husband. As much as I love the dog, I'm sure as hell not going to make permanent bad feelings in a 32 year old marriage over it. I THOUGHT I could change his mind. I was wrong. Now I have to deal with it.

Shirley Chong (dog trainer who has written books on the subject) Get a pair
of men's briefs (tightie whities) and put them on the dog, backwards, with
the tail through the fly. When he marks, he will wet the pants. Do not
change them right away, leave them on for a few minutes. Then change them to
a fresh pair. Most dogs do not like to wear their own urine. This will
generally break the marking habit. (worth a try, anyway)

Now that's an intriguing thought, although I tend to think the briefs would end up like the bib I tried putting on him or the loose underwear he finds in the house...as a lot of little pieces all over the place instead of one piece on HIM. Might give it a try, though. Thanks.

Whoa!!!!!  Now we're generalizing about ALL men and dogs.  I don't want to
wear one of those collars that I suggested for your husbands shorts.  I
like jumping fences and hooking up with the females.  But then again, I'm
not married nor do I pee in the house....well, at least not on the floor.  :)

ROFL! Well, right now, men aren't real high on my "favorites" list, so I may be just a tad prejudiced. Hehe...but that was cute.

>>Gerry Koehler wrote:
>> >You really shouldn't have a pet if
>>you're not prepared to take care of it.<

Emmm, this is misquoted.  It wasn't me that said that.

Ooops...sorry. I don't know why this digest option does this, but I end up with double and triple identical posts, and things tend to be difficult to sort out.

  I Have to agree with Joe on this one. I find it disturbing that you =
don't see anything wrong with chaining Newman if there is a bitch in =
season. And your main concern being your floors also disturbs me. When =
it comes to pet ownership the animal and it's welfare should be your =
main concern.
  Marie, Valentino and angel Beau

Hmm. I don't see anything intrinsically evil about chaining him on occasion instead of, say, putting him in a run. Frankly, I've always thought most runs are rather like doggie prisons, but people claim that's not so. <shrug> You don't see me calling them prison guards. I'm not saying he should LIVE on the blessed chain. Nor do I see anything wrong with not wanting a pee-smelling, rotted, totally unsanitary floor. I am FAAAAR from a meticulous housekeeper by any standards, but even =I= have to draw the line somewhere! <you don't think Martha Stewart is anywhere in earshot, do you?>

Anyway at this moment, Newman hasn't marked the garbage can anymore and I haven't found anyplace else he's peed, either, so that's a good sign anyway.