Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 8:07 PM
Subject: [pyrnet] Beginning to think 2002 is just NOT my year....

Okay...I am NOT having fun. So far this year, Newman broke my finger and I had to have surgery to get the pin in, then I caught the flu and it went to bronchitis and a sinus infection. I'm on my third round of antibiotics and am STILL coughing my head off and blowing my nose. Then my son, who is a Freshman at Trinity, fell down some steps and cracked his head on the corner of a brick building, giving himself a concussion and 17 stitches which merited a trip to the ER. THEN today I was going over to Trinity to take said son to get some cold and flu medicine because HE now has the flu, and as I was heading from the car to the stairs to go down toward his dorm, (the sidewalk is EXTREMELY uneven there...it's like two sidewalks pieced together and at places they match and at others, it's like one of them is a good 2-3 inches above or below the other) I caught the toe of my shoe on the overlap and took a literal noe-dive. HIT my nose (I'm lucky I didn't break it or knock out my teeth) ruined my glasses frame and scratched one lens up so badly I can't see out of it. I also tore up my knees, bruised them badly (heck, they just got back to normal from when Newman broke the finger!), and pulled a muscle in my back. The students who helped me up were telling me they've seen several people fall there for the same reason...it's a hazard!

I'm beginning to think I shouldn't be allowed out on my own without a keeper.

Now...I have a question, and I hope it doesn't cause WWIII again. Newman seems to be losing weight instead of gaining it, as one would expect of a 10 1/2 month old pup.  I've noticed he hasn't been eating his food as well as he was, though his appetite seems GREAT if you feed him a treat. He seems fine, otherwise, is just as playful, etc., but he went from 109 lbs to 106 lbs to 103 lbs in two months. My question is, is this normal, or should I think of changing his food? Take him to the vet?  He was eating the food just fine, then suddenly seemed to not like it. We're feeding him Professional Large Breed Puppy, Chicken & Rice Formula.

Rhonda