[pyrnet] injury

mellow loves to run and be a big goofball in the rain and mud. this morning
he slipped as he was cavorting through the mess and hurt his shoulder/leg/paw
something.  i dont know yet but he was unable to stand on it and still cant.
my vet cant see me til tomorrow and i'm so worried about him. he's just a
year now and i worry about an injury to a joint or something that could
affect him for life.  maybe i'm just being a worry wart mom but its very
distressing for us all.  he was even reluctant to come to bed coz he had to
get up and walk on it.  i didnt leave him downstairs even though  i thought
it would be easier because i was afraid that he would be on 'alert' if i
didnt take him up to bed with me and none of us would get any rest. i am
keeping him off it as much as possible which breaks my heart because you can
see he doesnt want to put any weight on it.
  anyone ever have an injury from slipping? anyone have any words of support
until i know what this is?
   roz, mellow, chundo and harley