[pyrnet] FW: URGENT: AKC Legislative Alert

Forwarded Message:
Subj:   URGENT: AKC Legislative Alert
Date:   03/13/2002 4:55:10 PM Eastern Standard Time

From:    doglaw@akc.org (doglaw doglaw)
Sender:    doglaw@akc.org
To:    Legislation@akc.org

Members of the U.S. House and Senate are busy working out differences
between
their respective versions of the Farm Bill, and AKC continues to push for
the
Puppy Protection Act to be pulled from the final version of the bill.  The
chairman of the committee has said he would like to have the final bill
resolved before Easter.

We need more phone calls and faxes from the dog fancy to Washington in
opposition to the Puppy Protection Act.  If you have not called or faxed,
please do so today.  Ask your friends to do so too.  If you have a dog show
coming up or a club meeting or any other such gathering of dog fanciers,
please distribute the latest alert from AKC's Web site
(http://www.akc.org/love/dip/legislat/ppa_0221.cfm), and urge dog fanciers
act now.  (You may also contact our office to obtain a Word document of this
same information.)  We need your help!

Thanks for your help with this issue.

AKC Canine Legislation Department
5580 Centerview Drive
Raleigh, NC  27606
doglaw@akc.org

--

-----

This message is a service of the American Kennel Club's Canine Legislation
department.  This information may be reprinted or forwarded appropriately
with a
citation to AKC.

[This message contained attachments]

Message: 2