Re: [pyrnet] Bear's hair

I have a similar question/problem....  I recently had to replace the furnace in my house.  When they (my brother!!) was taking out the old furnace they left soot all over the basement.  That wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't let Allie and Levi "Help" him install the new furnace and remove the old one.  Then he left them in the basement until I got home.  Along with a note on the back door that said they were kinda "dusty" and he didn't want to leave them upstairs while I was at work.

Needless to say that when I got home I thought someone had dognapped my 2 babies and replaced them with black Nefoundlands!!!!  Well 3 baths each later most of the soot had come out of Allie's coat but poor Levi just looked so bad.  The soot had come out of his top coat but not the undercoat at all and it actually looked like it stained his skin.  I think Allie escaped this problem because, well she's kinda prissy...  She doesn't like to get wet at all (not even snow!) or dirty.... Levi however believes God made dirt for the express purpose for him to roll around in!!  And that's exactly what he did!

A couple of days after I tried the 3 baths I ended  up taking Levi to the groomer (after talking to a friend of mine who is also a vet) to be clipped!  He had started itching pretty bad and was scratching himself raw in some places.  When I went to pick him up he looked like a cross between a great dane and a Dalmatian!!!  The groomer said that some of the soot had stained his skin and would just have to wear off.  Levi used to have very light gray markings (could see when he had blown his coat and he was wet from a bath) and they seem to be very dark now.  So my questions is this...  Do the markings get darker with age or is this actually a possible side effect of the "soot" incident?  Is there anyway to get rid of this soot that I missed?  If it's only his spots getting darker that's fine I just want to make sure that the soot isn't going to make him itch anymore.

By the way.....  I took Allie to get groomed too (only wash and nail clip) and the groomer was training a new person and the new person misunderstood my instructions and clipped Allie  (who now looks like a fat lab!) too!!!  Boy were they mad when I came to pick them up!!!  Allie wouldn't look at me for 2 days and Levi laid on my lap and kept giving me these looks like I was just a cruel person....  Never mind that he rolled in soot!!!!

Thanks in advance for any ideas or advice!
Shannon
Allie (pyr who looks like fat lab) & Levi (who looks like a great dane/ dalmation mix)

Todd Kaiser wrote:
000901c1d5bf$992fc8c0$0201a8c0@gulftel">
Good afternoon guys and gals, I have a question for ya'll...

When Bear was about 1.5 yrs old I took him in for his weekly bath and told them to clip his nails.  That was all they had ever done and why the other part of this story happened I still don't know...
            in addition to clipping his nails they clipped his hair!!!!!!!!!

Since then the boy hasn't had the nice fluffy white coat he should have.  Is there any chance that at any time his hair is going to come back like it was?

Thanks,

Bridget, Sugar Bear and Bare Bear