[pyrnet] An unusual partridge

As  animal lovers, I thought you'd get a kick out of this.  This morning
while we were walking the dogs by the Ottawa river, a partridge appeared
beside the trail.  Fortunately the dogs were on leash.  Once they spotted it
they were just going wild to get at it, so I said to the kids that we'd
better speed up and get well past it  so the dogs would calm down. We sped
up and the partridge sped up running along right beside us.  We went faster,
the partridge went faster. We wondered what was with this! So we stopped and
the partridge stopped.  Sped up again and it would do the same.  The trail
was pretty icy so we couldn't go really fast and the partridge could easily
keep up running over the snow.  This went on for about 5 minutes and the
kids and I were laughing so hard we could barely stand up! Eventually we
must have gone too far from its territory, because it just stopped in the
middle of the trail behind us and stood looking forlornly after us as we
went on our way.  I almost felt guilty leaving it!
Isn't that just too weird?

Susan