Re: [pyrnet] Getting a Pyr to Eat

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
>Guess he
>would not starve if I didn't vary his diet but he looks so pathetic
>staring
>at his food bowl.
Don't they though??!! We feed dry kibble (Royal Canin Natural Blend, which
has been a huge hit in the months since we discovered it) and add about a
tablespoon of hamburger which we cook up with lots of garlic and a little
Worcestershire sauce, and reheat in small quantities in the microwave with
water to make some gravy. Spoiled, our pyrs? Never!
Ivy Rose eats both meals about half the time. She's very lean, but healthy
and incredibly active for 9 1/2 years old. Tori is the first pyr we've had
who's a chow hound. We can't just leave Ivy's food out for her, or Tori
will have it. It's a new experience to be watching a pyr to see that she
doesn't get too heavy!!
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose and Tori