Re: [pyrnet] Getting a Pyr to Eat

What it says it does, and what it really does can certainly be 2 different things. I've known several people who've used Panacur. All the worms were gone except for the tapeworms. They were reduced, but not cleared out. Sometimes, with heavy infestation, you need a wormer designed specifically for tape. This way, they are all cleared out. Of course, it only takes one flea to be ingested to start the whole process over again! So, IMO, if the problem is heavy infestation of tapes, using the Droncit to totally clear them out, then Panacur on a regular schedule, may very well solve the problem. Then again she could have digestive or absorption problems. But given the fact that the dog lives in WV which has a heavy infestation of worms of all types, I'd start with trying to completely clear the tapes out first. I got the link, just have not had time to look yet.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs), Flopsy (Pyr Shep) & Machin (Doxie)
bamb@monmouth.com