[pyrnet] HEADS UP! responsible breeders beware!

The AR groups are lobbying again to stop dog breeding. While I
too, would love to see the end of puppymills, this sort of "pork"
added to a totally unrelated bill in Congress, could easily slip
through the cracks of those who watch out for such things. There
is a BIG difference between AR (Animal Rights) groups and AW
(Animal Welfare) groups. Please let your Congressmen know that
you DO NOT want this "pork" tacked on! See forwarded message
below.   Barb Bowes

(PS) I have not yet had time to look into this. But this should
get out right away.

***PLEASE FORWARD AND CROSS POST***

> If you don't read any other part of this message, read
this.....

> "how the lowlife exploiters in the AKC and their puppymill-pimp
cohorts
>  just sank a similar provision in the Farm Bill. WE WANT THIS
PROVISION
>  AND WE WILL REMEMBER THEIR VOTE IN THE NEXT ELECTION"
>
> Betcha ya didn't think you were a "Low life exploiter" or a
> "puppymill-pimp
> cohort"....... did ya?
>
> ALL animal use groups must stand together...there is NO
distinction in the
> eyes of the AR's.
>
> Once again it's time to write, call and fax your
senators.....Are
> we having
> fun yet?
>
> XXXXXXX
>
> P.S there's a nice little message from them at the very
end.....

==================================
> Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2002 7:22 AM
> SubjectAlert-Senator Byrd sneaking anti-breeding provision into
bill

> > Off an AR list:
> >
> > Please be patient -- read this short news item thru to the
end, so that
> > the good news is read in context.
> >
> > Source: Conservative columnist / CNN  political pundit Robert
D. Novak

> > The following is from Robert Novak's syndicated newspaper
column, which
> > appeared in the Sunday, May 26, 2002 New York Post.
> >
> > Sen. Robert Byrd, insistent that Homeland Security Director
Tom Ridge
> > testify to Congress, has inserted in the emergency
supplemental
> > appropriations bill a provision promoting Ridge to Cabinet
status
> > against
> > the president's wishes.
> >
> > President Bush has refused to let Ridge testify on the
grounds that he
> > is
> > a confidential presidential adviser, but all Cabinet members
must appear

> > before a congressional committee when summoned.
> >
> > Byrd is expected to insist the Ridge provision be included in
the final
> > version of the emergency money bill.
> >
> > A footnote: Byrd also slipped a provision into the bill
urging federal
> > action against "puppy breeding establishments" who have caged
dogs "in
> > extremely inhumane conditions." Byrd has been mourning the
death of his
> > 15-year-old dog, Billy Byrd.
> >
> > --End of column--
> >
> > What do you say we ALL contact our two U.S. Senators and our
> > Congressperson and insist that Sen. Byrd's "dog provision" be
kept in
> > the
> > Homeland Security Emergency Supplemental Appropriations Bill.
And let's
> > do it NOW -- before it's widely known outside the Halls of
Congress and
> > before the puppymill-pimp lobbyists can regroup to fight it.
> >
> > Even if your federal reps are not on the Senate or House
Appropriations
> > Committee, they can still be influential in helping get this
provision
> > enacted into law.
> >
> > When I call my Senators and Congresswoman, I will be sure to
remind them

> > how the lowlife exploiters in the AKC and their
puppymill-pimp cohorts
> > just sank a similar provision in the Farm Bill. WE WANT THIS
PROVISION
> > AND WE WILL REMEMBER THEIR VOTE IN THE NEXT ELECTION.
> >
> > PLEASE CROSS-POST THIS TO FREETHINKING DOG LOVERS AND ANIMAL
ACTIVISTS