Re: [pyrnet] Great Pekinese

Yeah, the "breeder" I got my very first Pyr from, "Belle", said they're
markings come from how there used to be black Pyrs a loooong time ago.

Must have been those thousands of years ago before they started breeding
them to blend in with white sheep or maybe it was when they were supposedly
bred with the black "whatever" to get Newfoundlands....right?  :)

There's always someone around to say they look like white Saints or Newfs
too.  And I usually point out how much lighter boned, headed, etc. the Pyrs
are.  I like Newfs and Saints though too.  :)

I met a fellow at our first show who just loved Rajah and said they had a
black Pyr mix who looked like her only black with white on his chest but he
at least knew the difference.  :)

Chrissy