Re: [pyrnet] biblical greyhounds

pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org writes:
> I found it in the King James Bible which is one of the most widely
>accpted versions.
Still one of the most widely loved translations, but not now considered
very accurate. The translations prepared since the discovery of the Dead
Sea Scrolls in the 1940s are probably more accurate, as these manuscripts
provide earlier and more complete sources. I'm no Hebrew scholar, but
suspect that "rooster" or "cock" is probably closer to the mark!
Of course, this isn't to say that Jesus might not have had a canine
companion! There's one old Native American tradition (Navaho, I think)
that says that God created all the animals except the dog. He didn't need
to create the dog--he already had one!
Ann, Peg, Ivy Rose and Tori