[pyrnet] Pepsi

Hi everyone, thanks for all your wonderful condolences...I'm sorry about
last night, but I was totally angry at the hand life deals you some times.
Our fur babies are not with us near long enough.
I've had her longer than my husband and my children, and I can't remember
life without her. We literally grew up together. I was only 16 when she came
into my life. I guess even though logic told me that it would not be long, I
blinded myself and never let myself totally believe our time together would
end.

I thought with her failing health and the knowledge that her time was near,
it would be easier....it was NOT.

Pepsi was truly loved and respected by all....even my daughters nasty cat
(to dogs), treated her as queen.

I can guarantee that I will never find a dog, as "completely perfect" as she
was.....seriously I'm not embellishing about her at all. Even though she
probably would not have won any beauty contests her personality made her
simply gorgeous.

She was the runt out of a litter of 13 pups a neighbour had, and she was
sooo tiny. I was there everyday too see these pups grow and make sure she
got some milk. By the time she was three weeks old she was starving to death
as she was not strong or big enough to fight her siblings....so I took her
home and bottle fed her. Our bond was very strong. If I was sad, she got
depressed, if I was sick, she felt my pain.....I know it.

Her health for the last 15 years has been incredible. No vet bills to speak
of, aside from the usual shots, spay etc. Her temperament was a joy to
everyone. Everytime I would go somewhere and left her at home I was scolded
for not bringing her...as she was one dog that no one minded coming to their
home. Even people who were less than fond of dogs, liked her as she won them
over with her calm, laidback nature.

She could have won all the obedience titles out there, CGC etc with no
effort at all.
She did not bark, have never heard a growl come from her lips, she did not
beg for food, she did not jump on people, she laid quietly waiting for
attention where ever she went. She was taught 15 different tricks in under a
month when she was a year old, which included turning the stereo on and
fetching my smokes. Even when her hearing failed in the last couple of
years, the transition from voice commands to sign language commands was a
breeze.

She would lay there quietly and patiently for mom to save her, while nasty
little kids in the family would sit on her, pull out her whiskers, one even
smacked her with a boot across the head....she whimpered and licked him. Of
course I did not....

She was trusted by the Canadian Mental Health association to come into their
group homes and give severely mentally and physically handicapped children,
something to smile about. And they were less than gentle sometimes, no
matter how much we kept a watchful eye.....she took it all in stride. She
never met a dog, cat or human she did not like. My pony is totally scared of
dogs, yet Pepsi could walk under her without even a twitch....even Bell
could sense her temperament. Never was this dog leashed or confined in any
manner. She was completely reliable. She was perfect....

I'm sorry for all this but I felt the need to share her true essence with
you all and  give her credit where it was do. If ever a dog deserved their
horn to be tooted....it was her.

Thank you all again for your condolences.
She will truly and forever be missed and remembered.
Sariena