From: Catkin8040@aol.com [mailto:Catkin8040@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2002 9:44 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: Re: [pyrnet] water consumption

Hi Sherri,
One of my Pyrs, Shelly, is diabetic.
I don't want to scare you - but it is something to check for.  Diabetes affects the eyes very quickly - so the sooner it is diagnosed - the better.
The first sign I noticed was her excessive drinking.   And of course with all the extra water they will need to go out more.
Other signs are rapid weight loss and lack of energy.  I didn't notice any weight loss but Shelly would poop out quickly on our walks.
It takes just a simple blood test to rule out (or diagnose).
It is a very managable disease, Shelly has had it for 2 1/2 years and is doing great.
Best wishes - let us know.....

Cat, Shelly and Lily-Belle (Great-Pyrs)