Re: [pyrnet] CARE :barf controversy (CBS 2)

Same old same old. More enlightened Vets, who have researched past what they
were taught in Vet school (and the large pet food companies are major
contributors to Vet schools!) are proponents of the BARF diet. I've fed my
dogs raw meat for well over 8 years now. I've never had a case of salmonella
or e-coli. My dogs live long lives, my Vet is starting to change her mind as
well. BTW, my dogs are NOT on a BARF diet, they are on what I consider to be
the next best thing to BARF. (I don't have the freezer space to buy in bulk
for BARF) I have a number of friends who feed BARF and have been doing so
for many years. They've never had any problems. There is a list on
SmartGroups called BARFPyrs for anyone interested in finding out more.
Picking a diet for your dog or cat is a personal choice. No feeding method
is without risk. (dogs have choked on kibble as well)

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs)
& Flopsy (Pyrenean Shepherd)
"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!"
bamb@monmouth.com