Re: Chat: [pyrnet] Too quiet

In a message dated 11/3/2002 3:22:10 PM Eastern Standard Time, Foxe2n10ec@aol.com writes:

Then I noticed that he was matted . . . badly. His tail has at least three large loose mats. The tight  mats behind his ears that I asked the kennel to cut out were still there. All along his upper hind legs were matted badly - - all the way up to his anus. What happened? I called the kennel and said, ! "When can I bring Bear back for you to finish brushing him out?" She replied, "Oh, we spent lots and lots of time brushing him...blah, blah." So I will accompany Bear to the kennel to observe her brushing/combing out the mats and their interaction. Now I'm worried that he was shut up with no attention except for his bath. Will let you know.

Mats of this degree could take 5 to 8 hours and cost $125.00 or more to have done by someone else.  Shaving such mats is common.  They are very painful where you describe them and mayby why he was so happy to see you (the mean people were trying to comb out those awful mats).  So you might temper your evaluation with realization of what is involved.  Preventive brushing avoids this completely and take just a few minutes weekly once the coat is mat free.

Joe