Re: [pyrnet] Dog fight update

In a message dated 11/28/2002 10:44:14 AM Eastern Standard Time, ziffanyrobyn@earthlink.net writes:

But here she was sitting at the door of the camper
waiting to be let back in.  However, as soon as Baron saw her he went for
her!  Don't know if she smelled different, or he was just letting her know
how upset she had made "mum and dad".  She submitted immediately, and it
was all over.  To this day, we have never had another fight between these
two.

This is a dog thing.  We have two bitches that are littermates that have been together since the whelping box.  Great companions now for about 10 years.  They were only separated ever when Franchette had her puppies and was gone for six weeks about and Hourquette went to a few shows when she was less than two years old.  If you ever take out one bitch and then let it back into their kennel, there is always a brief skirmish.  Over quickly with no serious problems ever.  It works both ways i.e. whichever is let back into the kennel with the other is accosted.

Sounds like the same sort of thing.  Probably this behavior has a name as it clearly instinctual and related to the den or home.

Joe