[pyrnet] Estagel and Estat d'Argeles Of Basquaerie, etc.

Does anyone have any information on the personality and temperament of Estat
and Estagel as well as any other historical dogs?

How did they interact with other dogs (Pyrs and other breeds) of either sex?
  How did they do with other animals and people?  Were they ever obedience
trained or something like that?

I've also heard that many modern French-bred dogs are a bit more....I don't
want to say aggressive....but you know, to other dogs and people.  Is this
true?  If so, why?

I had considered, some day, importing from France but not if they're
aggressive.

Chrissy