Re: [pyrnet] chat: Pyrenees Mountain Breeds

I can tell you that Pyr Sheps are a high energy breed, as are all the
herding breeds. At the PS National they offer herding tests. They seem to be
great little agility and flyball dogs, and although I adore mine, I'm not
sure I would get another. As far as the good with kids and strangers part, a
lot of that depends on the personality of the dog as well as how much the
dog is socialized. Like most of the herding breeds they seem to be very much
in tune with their surroundings. So at times they can seem high strung and
nervous. But it is more so that they are just very aware.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs)
& Flopsy (Pyrenean Shepherd)
"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!"
bamb@monmouth.com