[pyrnet] GOOD Puppy!

 In August of last year one of my puppies, born the previous April, went to live with a very special family in Manitoba, Canada. This family have owned and loved rescue pyrs for more than twenty years - but never having had a puppy, this time decided to experience the (dubious) joys of puppyhood! I have had lots of e-mails and photos of "Lucy" over the months they have had her - they are completely thrilled with her - although she has now been re-christened "Lucy-fur" due to her very mischievious nature!
 The one thing they have constantly remarked upon was the fact that she rarely barked, unlike their other pyreneans. I kept reassuring them that she is still a baby and that this will undoubtedly change as she grows up - and to count their lucky stars right now! However, yesterday evening I had a very excited call from her family telling me that as it became dark last night, Lucy started to bark and growl ferociously outside - they could just see her in the dim light  - running around frantically, obviously trying to chase something off the property. Don went out with a flashlight to see what was going on, as he could not believe that this eight month old puppy could sound so menacing - and to his surprise she was chasing an adult black bear who was reluctant to leave the property. Don tried to call her back as he was terrified the bear would attack her - but she tenaciously continued to bare her teeth and harrass the bear, until it finally gave up and ran into the woods!
 They were SO proud of their puppy - and so am I!

 Geraldine

Geraldine Swierzy
SheepRiver Great Pyrenees
Alberta, Canada.