[pyrnet] housetraining question

I am having a heck of a time housetraining my 4 month old girl. Now, it's been
a while since I had a little girl so that be it.

She is crated during the day and can hold it the whole time, no problem. But
when we're home she can barely go 20 minutes without accidents. I've never
seen a dog pee so often! So often, I had the vet check her for any urinary
infections. She's clean.

I will take her out on a lead so I know she's done her business, usually more
than once. She comes in and before I know it, puddle on the floor. Not a
little puddle either. If I just toss her outside, she finds bones, plays, has
a good time, will come in and pee on the floor.

One book I read suggests crating for 20 min, potty time, play time for 40 min,
repeat the cycle. She's crated during the day so I hate to crate her in the
evening, but I have to tell you, I'm tired of stepping in warm puddles.  <g>

Any suggestions?

Ginger Schiffer
Washougal, WA