From: camille . <pigylady@earthlink.net>
To: The_Mastiff <The_Mastiff@yahoogroups.com>
Sent:
Friday, January 17, 2003 1:15 PM
Subject: [The_Mastiff] beware

Cross Post from Giant Dogs Rescue

Hi.  I wanted everyone to be aware of a family in Lyons, CO.  They have been made aware that they will get a dog from MCOA mastiff rescue around the time there is an ice-age in hell, so, they will probably either try another MCOA coordinator or another large breed.  Names are Katherine and Mike Weadley.

Application looks great; vet. References were great, BUT we found out through a slip on Katherine's part--just in time too, I might add--that they need a large dog to keep deer and mountain lions out of their yard.  We don't place our rescue kids as bait for mountain lions.  Please beware of these people. If there hadn't been that slip-up on her part, they would have one of our mastiffs right now.

Please crosspost.

Stephanie Stollings, Rocky Mountain Regional Coordinator, MCOA mastiff rescue