[pyrnet] Joan of Pyrangel and the Space Shuttle

Today, Joan will be laid to rest. Her funeral is ongoing as I write this.
Animals in need, and especially Pyrs, have lost a true friend. Since Joan's
passing I've been told of 4 Pyrs in TN in high kill shelters, and 2 in GA.
But there's no more Joan to help them. I believe that others will step up to
the plate to fill the huge void left by Joan's passing. Pyrangel will
hopefully continue through the hard work of the organization's volunteers,
but they need time to regroup. So think of her, and them today as they lay a
friend to rest. Say a prayer or send positive thoughts or whatever is
appropriate for your beliefs. For Joan, for her family and friends, for
Pyrangel and for those dogs needing help now and in the future. While you
are at it, send up one for the families of those lost on the Space Shuttle
this morning. What a terrible tragedy. My heart weeps for their loved ones.
Hug your loved ones and your dogs, and feel blessed that they are with you
and safe.

Barb Bowes
Bo & Chelsea (Pyrs)
& Flopsy (Pyrenean Shepherd)
"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!"
bamb@monmouth.com