Re: [pyrnet] Hot Spots

In a message dated 02/16/2003 9:06:47 AM Mountain Standard Time, jrntb@direcway.com writes:

We are new to the list and new to GPs; however, we have owned Belgian Tervurens for over 10 years now.  Our 4 month old puppy is experiencing hot spots -- started off with one on his back near the base of his tail and now he has one on his belly.  One of our Tervs had one and with an application of a little bit of apple cider vinegar it went away and has never come back.  I was recently told to add fresh tomatoes to his diet to adjust his acid levels.  Any suggestions as to what I can do now to get him healed?

Trish & Jim Borgo
Shelbyville, KY

        Try Gold Bond medicated powder. It will dry up the spot, and begin the healing process very quickly.  I hope for you sake that it's food related. Allergies caused by environmental factors, are hard to find, and treat.   Charlie