[pyrnet] CHAT: Just rambling

Well, I entered Maggie and Anais at a local show this weekend (and then threw my back out of place last week) so Maggie's breeder was kind enough to show her yesterday while I managed obedience with Anais and today, I did both (with the assistance of my son's girlfriend.)

Yesterday, Maggie got 1st place (out of two) - her first first place <G> so that was nice, and today with me lumbering around the ring with her like a clumsy elephant, she got 2nd (out of two).  At least I didn't get thrown out of the ring or fall on my face, so all in all, better than I was expecting for a first time in the ring(mine, not hers.)

Anais did her "Oh, do I have to?" off lead heeling yesterday, and today decided to let me do the off lead heeling by myself <G.>  She does, however, do all of the motionless exercises to perfection!

Both girls got lots of attention and petting (much of it from children who were not even at their eye level) and took it all with characteristic Great Pyrenees and Irish Wolfhound charm and grace.  Amazing what people magnets these guys are.  It's a good thing they love it.

Stephanie Whitney
srwhitney1@earthlink.net