[pyrnet] HEALTH: tumor results

I had written to the list earlier in the week regarding my Pyr's (5 year old neutered male) surgery to remove a tumor.  Unfortunately, we received a phone call today with the results, the biopsy came back to say it was myxosarcoma.  We only spoke to the vet very briefly on the phone this morning, and he told us very little at this point, other than it was cancer. He did say that this type of cancer tends to grow in only in one area. He told us that he would do more research on this type of cancer to determine what treatments would be necessary, and he would have this information for us on Friday, when we take Darby in to have his stitches removed.  We would like to be able to learn us much as possible about this before then so that we can be as educated as possible on this.  If anyone would have any information regarding this type of cancer or perhaps any websites that could be useful to learn more, I would greatly appreciate it.  I have tried searching for a few but as of yet I have found very little information, at least in laymen's terms.  Thank you in advance.

Sue Gagnon
Darby (Pyr) & Chloe (Pyr)
Harleysville, PA