Re: [pyrnet] Stairs

I am afraid that I can't offer you any advice except to say I had the same problem with Sophie.  I got her when she was almost 3 years old and nothing I could do would coax her to come down the stairs inside the house and I tried everything.  She would go up the stairs if I let her in the basement but for whatever reason for the first 6 months I had her, she would not go down them.  Then last 4th of July I was downstairs and suddenly Sophie was beside me.  I think the firecrackers going off outside scared her so she wanted to be with me for comfort and that need over rode her fear of the stairs.  I am not suggesting that you scare your dog to get him to use the stairs but perhaps eventually he will overcome his fear of them.  At least, Pyrs are self-cleaning so they do shed the mud even if it does end up all over the house!
Wendy