From: owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org [mailto:owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org] On
Behalf Of Judith Stroh Miller
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 7:57 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: [pyrnet] RE: pyrnet showmanship

On 2 Apr 2003 at 7:32, Jennifer Helfrich-Will wrote:

> I live in Evansville, Indiana and have a 4 month old pyr, who I think
> is just gorgeous!  I am interested in showing him but have absolutely
> no experience.  Can anyone recommend where I can begin my showmanship
> career?

Hi Jennifer, Your breeder is your best bet, they should be able to
help you get started.  If you have a local kennel club, they usually
offer puppy show classes which help the handlers and the puppy
get used to the big show world along with Fun Matches several
times a year.  It's  great to go to some shows with your breeder and
help out, that's what I did and a great way to learn.  Then when my
pup was old enough for the show ring, I did not feel like such a
greenhorn.  I was <g>, but my breeder was at ringside and had lots
of good advice...next time try this, always with her sweet smile.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico
http://www.mitzis.net/judy/