Re: [pyrnet] HEALTH: Chipped Tooth

Robyn, here are a couple of sites on Canine dentistry, hope they help:

http://www.dogbeachdentistry.com/brokentth.html

http://www.caninesvetdent.com/domestic.html

Cat & Angel

 Robyn Allwright <theashes@earthlink.net> wrote:

I've been doing some searching on line, but haven't come up with anything,
so maybe someone out there has any experience in this. A friend of mine
has a malamute that has a chipped lower canine. All you can see a bit of
pink that is the size of this period . The dog doesn't seem to have any
problem with it, but my friend was concerned if this can lead to a
permanent problem. I know from reading previous articles that a cracked
tooth can lead to the same problems in dogs as it does in people (infection
and sometimes to the need for a root canal). Can anyone a site that she
can check -- or should she just take the dog to the vet?

Thanks! Ra

--- Robyn Allwright
--- Ziffany Great Pyrenees & Tibetan Mastiffs
--- www.ziffany.com