Re: [pyrnet] Fw: Mansencal judging Pyrs June 6, 2003

Wonderful news.  I was so surprised to see that Mansencal was judging at a
show just 15 mintues from me and not judging the pyrs.  I will contact
several folks here in Ontario about the judging change. I am sure we will
have a large turn out.

Kind Regards,
Sandy Dyment
Pyrview Reg'd  Great Pyrenees
Director: Great Pyrenees Club of Central Ont.
www.angelfire.com/on3/Pyrview

> > Please forward widely to Pyr lists & fanciers!
> >
> > Erie Shores Kennel Club (Canada, about an hour from Buffalo, NY) will
have
> > Guy Mansencal judging Great Pyrenees on Fri June 6, 2003. A convivial
> picnic
> > supper for Pyr fanciers will follow.
>
> > Closing date is Tues May 20, entries accepted via phone & online (see
> > below).
> >
> > Disregard what the premium list says about the Fri judge (the Original
> Judge
> > was Richard Lake, the NEW JUDGE is Guy Mansencal). The judge change was
> > approved by CKC on April 29, 2003. (Mansencal was supposed to judge Pyrs
> > from the beginning, but there was a mix up & Lake was given Pyrs. This
had
> > to be formally corrected as a judge change, with the kind permission of
Mr
> > Lake -himself a knowledgeable and experienced Pyr handler & judge- & the
> > CKC.).
> >
> > We need to get a good Pyr entry to show our appreciation! Erie Shores
has
> 3
> > all-breed shows in a row, June 5-7, followed by a hound specialty on Sun
> the
> > 8th. (Pyrenean Shepherd Club of America will have their Natl Specialty
> June
> > 2-4 nearby, FMI email LaBrise@msn.com or chaparral@sympatico.ca)
> >
> > At the other Erie Shores shows:
> > On Thurs June 5, the Pyr judge will be Robert Gilham of Brantford, ON.
> > On Sat June 7, the Pyr judge will be William Stebbins of Howell, MI.
> >
> > Info at: http://www.theentryline.com/showevent.asp?lid=03-06050
> >
> > Make entries online  at
> > http://www.theentryline.com/
> > or via telephone 1-800-293-2935.
> >
> > Official Show Closing Time
> > Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 8:00:00 PM EST
> >
> > The Entry Line Closing Time
> > Tuesday, May 20, 2003 - 5:00:00 PM EST
> >
> > Show Information
> > Address The Caledonia Fairgrounds
> > Caledonia, ON
> > Directions
> > From HWY 401 - Exit at Hwy 403 to Hamilton, follow Hwy 403 east and exit
> at
> > Garden Ave. (to Cainsville), turn south. Stay on Hwy to 2nd set of
> > stoplights. Go straight at lights onto Brant Rd. 18. Follow Brant Rd. 18
> > until you see the sign for Cayuga and Caledonia-Brant Rd. 54. Turn left
> onto
> > Brant Rd. 54 and follow into the town of Caledonia. The Fairgrounds are
on
> > the right, past the stoplight in downtown Caledonia.
> >
> > From Toronto & East - Exit at Hwy 403 west to Hamilton. Exit at Mohawk
Rd.
> > Follow Mohawk Rd. east onto the Licoln M. Alexander Pkwy. Follow to
Upper
> > James St. S (this becomes Hwy 6). Follow into downtown Caledonia. Turn
> left
> > at Hwy 54 downtown stoplights. The Fairgrounds are on the right.
> >
> > From USA - It's about an hour's drive or so from the Buffalo Peace
Bridge,
> > follow Hwy 3 west to Hwy 54 in Cayuga. Turn right to Caledonia. The
> > Fairgrounds are on the left.
> >
> > Judging Assignments
> > Lisa Avery - Brantford, ON
> > Robert Gilham - Brantford, ON
> > Richard E. Lake - Sault Ste. Marie, ON
> > Guy Mansencal - Tarbes, France
> > Dr. Richard Meen - Toronto, ON
> > David Miller - Mentor, OH
> > Phyllis Pancel - Sudbury, ON
> > William C. Stebbins - Howell, MI
> >
> > Thursday, June 5, 2003
> > Guy Mansencal - All breeds in Groups 1, 4 and Group Levels, Collies
Smooth
> > to Welsh Corgi (Pembroke) in Group 7 and Group Level
> > Robert Gilham - All breeds in Groups 2, 3, 6 and Group Levels, Best in
> Show,
> > Best Puppy in Show
> > Phillis Pancel - All breeds in Group 5 and Group Level, Australian
Cattle
> > Dog to Collies Rough in Group 7
> >
> > Friday, June 6, 2003
> > Robert Gilham - All breeds in Group 1 and Group Level
> > Richard Meen - All breeds in Group 2 and Group Level, All breeds except
> > Irish Terrier in Group 4 and Group Level
> > Richard Lake - All breeds in Groups 3, 7 and Group Levels, Irish Terrier
> in
> > Group 4, Best in Show, Best Puppy in Show
> > Guy Mansencal - All breeds in Groups 5, 6 and Group Levels
> >
> > Saturday, June 7, 2003
> > Richard Lake - All breeds in Group 1 and Group Level
> > Guy Mansencal - Afghan Hound, Basenji, Borzoi, Scottish Deerhound,
> > Greyhound, Ibizan Hound, Irish Wolfhound, Pharaoh Hound, Saluki, Whippet
> in
> > Group 2, Samoyed in Group 3, Best in Show, Best Puppy in Show
> > David Miller - Basset Hound to Bloodhound, All Dachshunds, Drever to
> > Foxhound (Eng), Harrier, Norrbottenspet to P.B.G.V., Rhodesian Ridgeback
> in
> > Group 2 and Group Level
> > William Stebbins - All breeds except Samoyed in Group 3 and Group Level,
> > Australian Shepherd, Bearded Collie, Collie Rough & Smooth, Old English
> > Sheepdog, Shetland Sheepdog, Welsh Corgi Pembroke in Group 7
> > Robert Gilham - All breeds in Group 4, 5 and Group Levels, Australian
> Cattle
> > Dog, Belgian Sheepdog to Briard, German Shepherd Dog, Norwegian Buhund,
> > Puli, Swedish Vallhund, Welsh Corgi Cardigan in Group 7 and Group Level
> > Richard Meen - Bichon Frise, Bulldog to French Bulldog, Japanese Spitz,
> > Keeshond in Group 6 and Group Level
> > Lisa Avery - Boston Terrier, German Pinscher, Lhasa Apso to Xolo's(Stc)
in
> > Group 6
> >
> > Specialties:
> > Basset Hound Club of Canada - Saturday
> > Conformation: Barbara Cromley - Slaterville Springs, NY
> > Sweepstakes: Davida Broadbent - Gloucester, ON
> >
> > Samoyed Club of Ontario - Saturday
> > Conformation: William Stebbins - Howell, MI
> > Sweepstakes: Sean Shields - Oro Station, ON
> >
> > Hotel & Camping Information
> > Days Inn - (905) 575-9666
> > Pines Motel - (905) 561- 5652
> > Queensway Motel - (519) 426- 2611
> > Grand Motel - (519) 756- 4004
> > Super 8 - (905) 679-3355 or 1-800-800-8000
> > Travel Lodge - (519) 426- 4751
> > Best Western - (519) 753- 8651
> > Mohawk Hotel - (519) 753- 8621
> >
> > Camping:
> > There are unlimited water and hydro hookups available at $15 per day or
> $50
> > for four nights. Lots of free parking for cars & vans with day use of
> > electic power for $5 per day, payable on the day. For camping
> reservations,
> > send your request and cheque, payable to the Erie Shores Kennel Club, to
> > Peter Machen, RR5 Cayuga, ON N0A 1E0
> >
> > Additional Show Information
> > Junior Handling - Saturday
> >
> > Boosters:
> > Basset Hound Club of Canada - Friday
> > Judge - Dr. Richard Meen
> > Samoyed Association of Central Ontario - Friday
> > Judge - Richard Lake
> > The Specialty Show Committee of the Afghan Hound Club of Canada - Friday
> > Judge - Dr. Richard Meen
> > Samoyed Club of Ontario - Saturday
> > Judge - Guy Mansencal
> > Southern Counties Hound Breeds Association - Saturday
> > Judges - Guy Mansencal & David Miller
> > The Greyhound Club of Canada - Saturday
> > Judge - Guy Mansencal
> > Association of Rhodesian Ridgeback Fanciers of Western Ontario -
Saturday