Re: Re: [pyrnet] chewing!

"""Then I would go through and puppy-proof the entire house"""

Emily,

Bramble is only 9mo but she's about 26in or so at the shoulder. If I puppy proof that means nothing under, oh, say, 5 feet? Oh boy. How long does this period usually last?

Ginger Schiffer
Ginger,
    I would invest in a large bottle of Bitter Apple, which you can spray on just about anything (except maybe syringes). Then I would go through and puppy-proof the entire house. Anything that she might be able to fit in her mouth should either be placed out of reach or liberally coated in bitter apple (it's relatively harmless stuff other than the taste).
    Finally, make a trip to the pet supply store and load up on good chewing things! Look for the Chilly Bone, beef tendons (which are 100% digestible -- better than rawhide), nylabones, and anything else you can think of! This way she can have fun and get all the chewing out that she needs to in an acceptable manner, and hopefully not drive you totally nuts! Good luck!

-Emily Martorano