Re: [pyrnet] I'm A NEWBIE ~

Hi Jay Cee,

That's a common misconception, when I went to purchase my first....in 1988....I thought they were supposed to be all white but the only all white female looked like a opposum to me so I took her beautiful wolfgray marked sister.  :)

I could go all into explaining everything but it would be a very long e-mail.  :-D  So, here's a link to our Pyr Info page.  Scroll down on that page to several links on the breed, nutrition, etc.  I highly suggest reading the Official Standard and even more so the Illustrated standard as well as the rest of the info including the Livestock Guardian Dog (LGD) information.

Anyway, here's the link.

http://www.zyworld.com/mapleway/Pyr%20Info.htm

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, we're all here to help.  :-D

Chrissy

My baby who I think will be either Gatsby or Rugby (name) is a white puppy with a light tan ring around his tail where it attaches to his body. That's why I picked him from the other five siblings.
What colors other than white do these dogs come in? I am very new to this breed dog. I thought all of them were white. Are they supposed to be to be full blooded?
I'll be full of questions. I hope you all don't mind.<<<<