From: Viney, Bethany [mailto:Bethany.Viney@tdstelecom.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 8:57 AM
To: 'pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org'
Subject: RE: [pyrnet] any suggestions?

My Pyr does not have any arthritic type problems, but my 3 year old Alaskan
Malamute was diagnosed with FCE last year (spinal embolism/stroke).  She was
paralyzed in her back left leg for 2 months; through many weeks/months of
working with her, she can now outrun my Pyrenees with no problem!  To help
her when she becomes stiff or has difficulty in getting up after a day of
running and playing, I give her Rimadyl; which is an anti-inflammatory
medication.  I have had tremendous and visable success with this, and you
may want to ask your vet about it to see if it would work with your Pyr.  It
does not solve the problem, but greatly alleviates stiffness and pain. Hope
this helps.
Beth, Czar and Raisa in Rural Wisconsin