RE: [pyrnet] any suggestions?

How often does she need an injection? Do you do this at home?

-----Original Message-----
From: Judith Stroh Miller [mailto:jsmiller@newmex.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 10:05 AM
To: pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
Subject: RE: [pyrnet] any suggestions?

On 29 Jul 2003 at 9:05, Tedford, Ellen wrote:

> Thank you, I will see my vet this weekend and will mention Rimadyl. I
> know I have heard of it - possibly because my son had such terrible
> arthritis that he had a hip replacement at 34.

Rimadyl does have some very serious side effects.

http://www.doglogic.com/rimadyl.htm

Please research completely before considering this drug for your
dog.  My Mishka has severe arthritis of her spine.  She was on
Glucosamine for years until it would not longer control her pain.  I
have switched to Adequan, an injectible Glucosamine which is
giving her good pain relief.  Adequan also has side effects, but
nothing like long term Rimadyl use.

Judith
jsmiller@newmex.com
Taos, New Mexico