From: Renilda Van Aerden [mailto:rvanaerd@ucalgary.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 6:04 PM
To: Pyrnet-l
Subject: [pyrnet] Pyr markings

Beauregard has beautiful dark markings.  I'm curious as to see in what
ways his markings will change.  Since they are so dark, I presume that
he will keep quite some colouring.

Claude is now 16 mos. old and he has dark brown ears and has pale tan
markings in his face with badger colour teardrops on top of his head.
When we picked him out of a litter of six, his markings were all grey.
Grey was my least favourite colour, BUT, we picked the puppy for his
temperament, not his beauty.  There was, however one puppy with
beautiful tan and brown markings, and it was a hard time deciding which
one to take (beauty over temperament, temperament over beauty, ...).
Soon after he was with us, the colouring of his markings started to
shift towards badger mixed with grey.  Later, the grey totally
disappeared and the badger colour in his face became pale tan.  His ears
originally had only a dark border around them.  Now his ears are all
brown, with the exception of one white spot on one of them.  Now I'm
curious to see whether his markings will stay as they are now, or if
they will still change.  What is weird though is that I did eventually
get the colour of markings I preferred.  Although, I should point out,
that even if he would have turned out all white (my husbands preferred
colour), or if he would have stayed grey, it wouldn't matter.  We both
are deeply in love with him, and with the breed in general.

Reni

as the BODY of the message.  The SUBJECT is ignored.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may
contain confidential and/or proprietary information.
It is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity who is the intended recipient.
Unauthorized use of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this in error, please contact
the sender by replying to this message and delete
this material from any system it may be on.
~~