[pyrnet] chat: smart Pyrs

I am continually amazed by our Pyr, Bramble. Since she's been 'eating' things I now crate her in the morning before I leave for work. We were using our TM's crate but he let is know that he did not appreciate her in HIS crate, so we had to buy a new one. I didn't mind the cost as much as another huge crate in the house.  :)

The plan is she's out like usual until I leave when I crate her. She was very difficult to get in the crate. And then I didn't use both latches. She was out the first evening when I got home. I never dreamed she could squeeze out that small opening. Next morning back to stuffing her in the crate. Great fun. She's better the next couple of days. There's toys in the crate, soft blanket to lay on.

Then I'm in a hurry one morning and I forgot to put her in the crate. I ran out the door. Darn, forgot to pick up lunch. I go back into the house and there she is. She put herself in the crate. Now, every morning at the same time, she puts herself in the crate and waits for me to give her a final pat and latch the door. Isn't that something?

Ginger Schiffer