[pyrnet] Re: Hip certification procedure - correction

That didn't come out right. My vet says that the fault often lies with the vets who don't properly weight the dog and use the correct drug. To put it in laymen's terms for me, she said that some drugs are so concentrated that it is easy to be off the dosage AND some drugs are easier to "bring the dog up and down in levels of sleep".
HLE wrote:

My vet (who owns Great Danes) says that the problem she has seen with Pyrs is the fault of the other vets.
1) a Pyr is more "sensitive" to some of the anesthetics.
2) due to their size and heavy coat, vets over estimate their weight.

Mix the two together and you have trouble.

The cure is simple: Get an accurate weight and discuss your drug options with the drug rep.

I can give you the vets website address is you wish.

HLE