[pyrnet] Fwd: Urgent Rescue Needed GSDs in IL

Forwarded with permission. The link at the bottom gives more information. I am not personally familiar with this group & do not advocate anyone blindly send money anywhere but if list members are local to this organization then hands-on assistance is also needed.

Barbara Brown

Date:         Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:24:30 EST
Subject:     Urgent Rescue Needed GSDs in IL

----- Original Message ----- >

This is Beth Riddle writing regarding a very serious atrocity that
has occurred in our state and in our little German Shepherd
community. A mentally ill woman was served a warrant on Dec 16th and
Dec 17th regarding  the removal of animals from her property. The
first wave consisted of about  90 dogs and over 70 of them were
purebred GSD's. Last night at 11pm I  received a phone call from my
colleague that had just finished cataloging  the final pull from the
womans house. 160 young GSD's , nursing mothers,  pups, and just a
small handful were other breeds. The GSD community is shocked. I am
crying and shaking as I write you, because we worked so hard
yesterday to pull just the first 22 out of the shelter and get them
into  rescue. Then as we were going to bed feeling pretty good, I
received this  phone call. The holidays make finding kennel space
impossible. We are begging, we never beg, but we are on our knees to
former adopters,  contributors, anyone who loves German Shepherds to
please help this huge  rescue effort. The shelter cannot coordinate
the rescues, so it is a team  effort consists of Northern IL GSD
Rescue, their founder and President is logging and cataloging the
dogs, Chicagoland GSD Rescue is digging up a  couple spaces and on
the phone, Central Illinois GSD Rescue is contacting  nationally and
coordinating transport, foster care, and will also be pulling  some
of these angels. They are everywhere at the shelter. They are in
cages, kennels, tied to the walls, and though they were eating dirt,
had no food, are close to starvation, they just look at us and wag
their tails. It is absolutely killing us to see this. We could use
money for medical care,  we could use puppy canned food and puppy dry
food, puppy pan to feed them  in, crates, kennels and most of all
space! Anyone with a farm that could  serve as a temporary M*A*S*H
unit, or shelter. I stress there is no where to go with these kids.
Transporters for national distribution. I can't  even think. IF you
want to help, please call at 217-337-5832 or 217-377-7135 and we'll
figure something out. Thank you for your consideration.
Rick and Beth Riddle
Central Illinois German Shepherd Dog Rescue
Urbana, IL
http://www.gsdhaven.org