Re: [pyrnet] La Chasse au Loup

I used 'dogpile.com' to search for 'La Chasse au Loup', and the first link I found shows a small image that enlarges if you click on it.  Try this link:

http://www.bnf.fr/enluminures/images/jpeg/i5_0057.jpg

In a message dated 1/17/04 10:21:51 AM Central Standard Time, LESRVG@aol.com writes:

Subj:[pyrnet] La Chasse au Loup
Date:1/17/04 10:21:51 AM Central Standard Time
From:    LESRVG@aol.com
Sender:    owner-pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org
To:    pyrnet-l@pyrnet.org

Hello,

I am intrigued by Oudrey's painting of "La Chasse au Loup".  For those of you
not aware of it, the painting was done in the 1700's and depicts a scene
where Pyrs (and a couple of other dogs) are battling a wolf.  I would really like
to see a nice clear photo or picture of it to better appreciated the painting
and study the pyrs depicted (do they look like the same breed we know today,
etc).

I have seen some small jpg's on-line but they are fairly grainy and hard to
see details.  Does anyone have a reference painting or a better version they
could send me or tell me about?

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Keith, Soo, Dusty, and Romy