Re: [pyrnet] La Chasse au Loup

Hey!
I knew that I had read something about the painting when we were looking into the breed for our adoption of T.J.  I found this on the GPCA website.  (They also spell the artist's name with the "e" in the surname, but I am pretty sure it is actually spelled without, if that helps in the hunt!)  Looks like the painting is in NY, perhaps the AKC could help you out there?

From the GPCA website:

"Just prior to World War II, Monsieur Fath painted for the Cranes a copy of the famous painting by Oudrey, entitled "La Chasse Aux Loups". The original at that time hung over the grand staircase of the Chateau de Compiegne but was removed to the Louvre for safe-keeping during the War years. This copy belongs to the American Kennel Club in New York City. This large painting depicts two Great Pyrenees, protected by spiked collars, with two other dogs attacking a wolf, and thus shows the breed in action. No wonder it was once referred to as a Wolfhound!"

Debbie