Re: [pyrnet] Strange reaction

That does sound frightening. Dirk did a similar thing
when he saw Halloween costumes for the first time. I'd
never seen anything like it!

It sounds like Bear probably was doing a very good job
of protecting his new friend. Also, I'm sure her
growling encouraged him. I know my pyr is much more
likely to bark or growl if another dog does so first.

I wouldn't let this single incident worry you too
much. Just keep socializing the two of them with other
dogs (maintaining everyone's safety, of course - an
off leash if possible) so they don't develop too
exclusive a relationship.

Good luck,
Pip Clews