Re: [pyrnet] Choke/Haltie/Prong

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ghost Rider" <kaiser4@gulftel.com>

 They have regular metal choke
collars with their tags on that they were all the time but these are not the
ones used to walk one and they do have much larger links.>>

I have absolutely no problem with prongs or regular chokes or haltis to use when
walking a dog, but please, *please* do not leave a choke collar of any sort on a dog
when it might be unattended.  More than one dog has caught the "live" ring of a choke
collar on a protruding "something" and choked itself to death.  My rule is no choke
on any dog at any time unless it is attached to a leash which is in your hand.  For
tags the best bet is a buckle nylon or leather, or a "snap" nylon that has a closure
like a seat belt.

Linda